Tail Section is a location on Timberwolf Mountain.
At the end of a long series of rope climbs into the upper reaches of Timberwolf Mountain is Summit, on which rests the Tail Section, a major portion of the scattered remains of a plane crash. The Tail Section is shielded from the wind so you can start a fire there, essential because it gets extremely cold at this altitude, particularly in the morning or when the wind is blowing hard. It contains a number of cargo containers that can supply you with nearly every kind of item found elsewhere in the game. Emptying the containers results in well over 100kg of material so it takes quite a few days to loot it completely, since the rappel up to Summit drains around half your fatigue and many rests are required.
There is a corpse underneath the plane's floor, that you can reach by walking towards the abyss (take care). It can be reached by exterior of the plane, or by slowly gliding down from the interior of the plane. However, the player has only one way to leave: the way back is a bit treacherous and you might fall from >3 m (if you are not careful enough), so make sure you remove your clothes, as they might be damaged in the fall. Normally, the corpse holds one Military-Grade MRE, and sometimes, some other random loot such as 1 rifle ammunition or flare shell.
- One of two locations currently known to have the Distress pistol, the other being the train caboose at the Ravine Basin.
- Several metal containers (random loot)
Cargo containers Edit
Cargo container A (Not spawned in Interloper)
- Door 1: balaclavas, wool toques, wool longjohns, and wool scarfs
- Door 2: wood matches and accelerant
Cargo container B
- Door 1: MREs
- Door 2: summit sodas and water bottles
- In Interloper it contains only 2-5 summit sodas
Cargo container C
- Door 1: summit sodas, orange sodas, and Stacy's grape sodas
- Door 2: storm lanterns, quality tools, and firestrikers
Cargo Container D
- Door 1: tins of coffee and boxes of tea
- Door 2: peanut butter and salty crackers
- In Interloper it contains only this: 2-4 salty crackers
Cargo Container E (Not spawned in Interloper)
- Door 1: heavy hammers, hatchets, hunting knives, and hacksaws
- Door 2: wolf pelts, deer skins, rabbit pelts, and cured leather
Cargo Container F (Not spawned in Interloper)
- Door 1: wool mittens, thick wool sweaters, expedition parkas, and fisherman's sweaters
- Door 2: wool socks, climbing socks, snow pants, cargo pants, and insulated boots
Cargo container G
- Door 1: a hunting rifle, rifle cleaning kits, and boxes of ammunition
- Door 2: bandages, antiseptics, antibiotics, painkillers, and emergency stims