Tail Section is a location in Timberwolf Mountain.
At the end of a long series of rope climbs into the upper reaches of Timberwolf Mountain is Summit, on which rests the Tail Section, a major portion of the scattered remains of a plane crash. The Tail Section is shielded from the wind so you can start a fire there, essential because it gets extremely cold at this altitude, particularly in the morning or when the wind is blowing hard. It contains a number of cargo containers that can supply you with nearly every kind of item found elsewhere in the game. Emptying the containers results in well over 100kg of material so it takes quite a few days to loot it completely, since the rappel up to Summit drains around half your fatigue and many rests are required.
- One of two locations currently known to have the Distress pistol, the other being the train caboose at the Ravine Basin.
- 4-8 × Flare shell
- 0-1 × Hacksaw
- 0-1 x Heavy Hammer
- 3-5 × Reclaimed wood
- 2-3 × Newsprints
- 0-3 Metal containers (random loot)
- Left door (while looking towards the exit from the plane): 4 Balaclava, 3 Wool scarf, 3 Wool longjohns and 1 Toque
- Right door (while looking towards the exit from the plane): 3 Accelerants and 6 Wood Matches
Second container to the right when entering the tail section
- Upper door: 9-10 Military-Grade MRE
- Lower door: 2-5l Water and 2-5 Summit Sodas
- In Interloper it contains only this: 2-5 Summit Sodas
Container just in front when entering the tail section
- Upper door: 4 Summit Sodas, 3 Stacy's Grape Sodas and 2 Orange Sodas
- Lower door: 6 Storm Lanterns , 3 Firestrikers and 3 Quality Tools
First container to the left when entering the tail section (Not spawned in Interloper)
- Upper door: 5 Heavy Hammers, 3 Hatchets, 3 Hacksaws and 1-2 Hunting Knives
- Lower door: 2-5 Cured leathers, 1-2 Cured Deer Hides, 1-3 Cured Wolf Pelts and 2-3 Cured Rabbit Pelts
Second container to the left when entering the tail section
- Upper door: 2-6 Tins of Coffee and 1-4 Herbal Teas
- Lower door: 2-6 Peanut Butters and 2-6 Salty Crackers
- In Interloper it contains only this: 2-4 Salty Crackers
Behind the container above (Not spawned in Interloper)
- Left door: 1 Expedition Parka, 2 Fisherman's sweaters, 6 Thick wool sweater and 5 Wool mittens
- Right door: 3 Climbing socks, Wool Socks, 1 Insulated Boots, 5 Cargo Pants and 1 Snow pants
Container in the back of the tail section (towards the abyss)
- Left door (while looking towards the exit from the plane): 6-12 Antibiotics, 6-24 Painkillers, 1 Emergency Stim, 3 Bandages and 2 Antiseptics
- Right door (while looking towards the exit from the plane): 5-15 Rifle Ammunition, 2-7 Rifle Cleaning Kits, 1-2 Hunting Rifles
There is a corpse underneath the plane's floor, that you can reach by walking towards the abyss (take care). It can be reached by exterior of the plane, or by slowly gliding down from the interior of the plane. However, the player has only one way to leave : the way back is a bit treacherous and you might fall from >3 m (if you are not careful enough), so make sure you remove your clothes, as they might be damaged in the fall. Normally, the corpse holds one Military-Grade MRE, and sometimes, some other random loot such as 1 Rifle Ammunition.