A prepper cache, also known as a bunker, is a reinforced underground shelter with a stockpile of useful supplies. The location of a cache changes every time the player starts a new game.
Bunkers can be identified by a small, man-sized hatch above ground that leads down into the bunker. They are generally found high up or in hard-to-reach areas and can only spawn in several possible locations on a map. There are six identified types that can spawn, each with a focus on a particular resource. They are generally small, containing two small rooms and a short passageway connecting them. A bed can also be found in bunkers.
Prepper caches can be found at:
Prepper caches are not found at:
- Coastal Highway
- Desolation Point
- Timberwolf Mountain
- Abandoned Mine No. 3
- Abandoned Mine
- Crumbling Highway
- The Ravine
- Winding River
Only one bunker will spawn per region for a single game save. There are nine possible spawn locations for bunker at both Mystery Lake and Pleasant Valley. Exact locations of bunkers are marked on the following user-generated maps: Mystery Lake and Pleasant Valley.
NOTE: There are no prepper caches in Interloper (confirmation )
There are six identified types of bunkers. Each type stockpiles large amounts of a particular group of items as well as fewer amounts of miscellaneous items.
- Food bunkers primarily contain processed food and drinks.
- Medicine bunkers primarily contain artificial medicine and first aid items.
- Clothing bunkers primarily contain quality clothing such as coats, sweaters, boots and the like.
- Firewood bunkers primarily contain fuel, tinder, and ignition sources for fires.
- Tool bunkers primarily contain tools used for crafting and repairing items, and chopping firewood.