|Location on Great Bear Island|
|Description||A small town nestled in the mountains.|
|Connecting Regions||Mystery Lake, Forlorn Muskeg|
|Date Added||Story mode: Aug 2017
Sandbox mode: Dec 2017
Mountain Town is a region on Great Bear Island centered around the town of Milton, and is the setting for Episode 1 of The Long Dark as well as eight region featured in Sandbox mode. Milton is accessible via Forlorn Muskeg, or near the Trapper's Homestead in Mystery Lake by climbing two access points, and navigating through a cave.
The region has a number of marked and named locations, most of which are located in or a short distance from the town itself:
- Town of Milton
- Milton House
- Paradise Meadows Farm
- St. Christopher's Church and graveyard
- Orca Gas Station
- Prison Transport Bus
- Milton Park
- Wood Lot (multiple locations have this name)
- Old Schoolhouse
- The Arch
- According to the game's developer, the name Mountain Town was intended to be an "internal name only" for the Milton area; however the name appears on both the Great Bear Island map, and the region map of the area.
- "Returning" to the original crash site (the starting area in Wintermute) is actually worthwhile, as the site itself will always yield a copy of Advanced Guns, Guns, Guns! and an absurd number of harvestable rose hips. In addition, the bridge leading to the crash site past St. Christopher's Church holds numerous lootable cars. Although they require a prybar, the trunks of said cars are usually empty. There is also a very rare chance that an additional copy of Advanced Guns, Guns, Guns! will appear in the backseat of one of the cars on the bridge, turning the long and arduous trip lucrative.
Game History Edit
- Mountain Town was added to the game on 1 August 2017 in the Wintermute update.
- Mountain Town became available on sandbox on 7 December 2017 in the Rugged Sentinel update.
- ↑ Raphael van Lierop, Twitter, 5 August 2017 https://twitter.com/RaphLife/status/893702535973752832