- For the region in which Milton is set, see Mountain Town.
Milton was founded in 1911 to support the initially booming coal industry in the surrounding mountains.The town was originally built along a supply route from the coast to the interior of Great Bear Island, with the road replaced by a paved highway in 1960. The location of the town, halfway between Port Mary and the mountains in the interior of Great Bear made it a convenient stopping off point for fuel and supplies for workers in the mining, logging and milling industries, as well as campers from Mainland Canada.
The town's economy boomed in the 1980s, with the population reaching around 1000 people, but the construction of the Great Bear Highway (Highway 15) meant fewer people travelling through Milton, and ultimately lead to the decline of in the importance of Milton. In the 2000s, the population was little more than 100 or so.
Following The Collapse, even fewer travellers or industrial workers visited Great Bear, and eventually the population fell to only a dozen or so - stalwarts and old-timers, with deep roots in Milton. Soon, Milton became a ghost town.
Notable Locations Edit
In addition to several houses within the town, the Mountain Town region contains mutliple named locations.
Town of Milton Edit
Milton Outskirts Edit
- Spruce Falls Bridge
- St. Christopher's Church
- Orca Gas Station
- Paradise Meadows Farm
- Crashed Prison Bus
- Mackenzie's Crashed Plane
- Mobile Home
Current and Former Residents Edit
- Grey Mother
- Martin Barker
- Lilith Barker
- Father Francis McGill
- Henry McDermott
- M. Antonides
- The Millers
- Molly (dog)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Story mode journal entry: What I know: Places: Town of Milton
- ↑ Pastor's Note collectible
- ↑ Grey Mother Distress Pistol side-mission
- ↑ Park Warning Notice collectible
- ↑ Grey Mother Cache location side-mission
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Milton Post Office Collectible
- ↑ Lost in the Storm collectible
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Neighbour's Note collectible
- ↑ Tearful Letter collectible