|Harvest||2 × Scrap metal, 1 × Fir firewood|
|Repair||1 × Fir firewood|
|“|| A hammer suitable for metalworking.|
The Heavy hammer is a tool. It can be used to break down crates or open ice-fishing holes in fishing huts, but its main use is the crafting of items like arrowheads, improvised hatchets, and improvised knives, at the Furnace. It is the only tool that can do this and was introduced along with the first furnace found in the game.
One can usually be found in the Desolation Point region inside Hibernia Processing, on the lower level, on one of the tool boards. The Heavy hammer will also appear in various, random locations on different play-throughs. It should be looked for wherever random tool spawns are located, particularly inside large tool box drawers.
One can also sometimes be found near the forge in Forlorn Muskeg.
Some particular observed locations include:
- On the shelf in the engine room, The Riken
- On a metal shelf, and in the large tool box in the garage work area, Quonset Gas Station
- In one of the Containers in the Tail Section of Timberwolf Mountain
- On the upper level of the Barn in Pleasant Valley
- On a shelf in the Forestry Lookout, Mystery Lake (region)
- In the ice fishing hut nearest the bridge of the Coastal Highway
- Next to the workbench in the Old Spence Family Homestead, Forlorn Muskeg
Harvesting Reclaimed Wood Edit
You can harvest reclaimed wood from furnitures you can't break down with bare hands. However it takes more time to break down and consume more calories than breaking down with a hatchet. Many players might find using hammers for breaking down furnitures favorable as hammers are easier to repair if one has Simple Tool or Quality Tool available.
- The shape of the hammer is similar to a real-world mini-sledge.
In real world metalworking, numerous different hammers (each with their own unique head shapes and weights) would be be used for different applications, but for all intents and purposes the picture suits as merely just a reference.
Introduced with Desolation Point update.
|Craftable||Fishing tackle • Improvised hatchet • Improvised knife • Hook • Line • Snare • Survival bow • Torch|
|Non-craftable||Accelerant • Bolt cutters • Can opener • Cardboard matches • Distress pistol • Firestriker • Flare • Flashlight • Hacksaw • Hatchet • Heavy hammer • Hunting knife • Hunting rifle • Magnifying lens • Mountaineering rope • Prybar • Quality tools • Rifle cleaning kit • Sewing kit • Simple tools • Stone • Storm lantern • Whetstone • Wood matches|