|“|| A hammer suitable for metalworking.|
The Heavy hammer is a tool. It can be used to break down crates or open ice-fishing holes in fishing huts, but its main use is the crafting of items like arrowheads, improvised hatchets, and improvised knives, at the furnace. It is the only tool that can do this and was introduced along with the first furnace found in the game.
Harvesting Reclaimed Wood Edit
You can harvest reclaimed wood from furniture you can't break down with bare hands. However it takes more time to break down and consumes more calories than breaking down with a hatchet. Many players might find using hammers for breaking down furniture favorable as hammers are easier to repair if one has a set of simple tools or quality tools available.
One can usually be found in the Desolation Point region inside Hibernia Processing, on the lower level, on one of the tool boards. The Heavy hammer will also appear in various, random locations on different play-throughs. It should be looked for wherever random tool spawns are located, particularly inside large tool box drawers.
One can also sometimes be found near the forge in Forlorn Muskeg.
Some particular observed locations include:
Mystery Lake Edit
- Can be found at Carter Hydro Dam inside the dam complex at the workbench.
- On a shelf in the Forestry Lookout, Mystery Lake (region)
- Can be found at a fishing hut under the fireplace.
- Can be found at Trapper's Homestead on the workbench.
Coastal Highway Edit
- In one of the cars at Coastal Highway near Log Sort or at Quonset Garage.
- On a metal shelf, and in the large tool box in the garage work area, Quonset Gas Station.
- In one of the ice fishing huts under the fireplace.
- At the Abandoned Lookout, under the chair.
Pleasant Valley Edit
- On the upper level of the Barn in Pleasant Valley.
- In the basement at Pleasant Valley Farmstead.
- Under a shelf at Signal Hill.
Desolation Point Edit
Forlorn Muskeg Edit
- Next to the workbench in the Old Spence Family Homestead.
- Near one of the pallets at the Bunk Houses, Forlorn Muskeg
Timberwolf Mountain Edit
- In one of the containers in the Tail Section of Timberwolf Mountain.
- Can be found under the workbench at the Mountaineer's Hut.
- Can be found under the fireplace in the fishing hut by Crystal Lake
Broken Railroad Edit
- Can be found at a shelf in the Maintenance Yard, or in one of the toolboxes.
- Can be found in a train carriage.
- Can be found in the fallen gondola.
- The shape of the hammer is similar to a real-world mini-sledge.
- In real world metalworking, numerous different hammers (each with their own unique head shapes and weights) would be be used for different applications, but for all intents and purposes the picture suits as merely just a reference.
Game History Edit
- Introduced with Desolation Point update on 18 September 2015