|“|| Heavy-duty saw made to cut through metal.|
A Hacksaw can be used to break down metal shelves and other metallic items to get scrap metal and harvest carcasses for meat, hide, or gut. It is required to open cargo containers on Timberwolf Mountain, and it can be used instead of a hatchet to cut small tree limbs (a hatchet must be used for the largest limbs) and saplings. It cannot be used as a weapon in struggles.
As with other items, the hacksaw will randomly spawn in different locations on different play-throughs.
Some observed spawn points include:
- On the barrel or a shelf along the wall in the engine room, 1st floor, Hibernia Processing, Desolation Point.
- In a drawer at Desolation Point exit side of Abandoned Mine No. 3.
- On a metal shelf, and under the large tool chest, inside Quonset Garage, Coastal Highway.
- Beside a corpse in Timberwolf Mountain.
- Beside a corpse in Forlorn Muskeg.
- In the toolbox in the barn at Pleasant Valley Outbuildings.
- On the workbench in the Mountaineer's Hut, at Timberwolf Mountain.
- Outside the small houses near the Old Spence Family Homestead, at Forlorn Muskeg.
|Cooking||Can opener • Cooking pot • Recycled can|
|Ice Fishing||Fishing tackle • Hook • Line|
|Lighting||Flashlight • Storm lantern • Torch|
|Mending||Quality tools • Rifle cleaning kit • Sewing kit • Simple tools • Whetstone|
|Sleep||Bear skin bedroll • Bedroll|
|Story||Bolt cutters • Jeremiah's knife • Scrap metal shard|
|Other||Charcoal • Mountaineering rope • Snare|