|Harvest||2 × Scrap metal|
|Repair||Simple tools or Quality tools|
1 × scrap metal
Gives 25% condition
|“|| Heavy-duty saw made to cut through metal.|
A Hacksaw can be used to break down metal shelves and other metallic items to get scrap metal and harvest corpses for meat, hide or gut. It must be used to open cargo containers on Timberwolf Mountain, and it can be used instead of a hatchet to cut small tree limbs (a hatchet must be used for the largest limbs) and saplings. It cannot be used as a weapon in struggles.
As with other items, the hacksaw will randomly spawn in different locations on different play-throughs.
Some observed spawn points include:
- On the barrel in the engine room, 1st floor, Hibernia Processing, Desolation Point.
- In a drawer at Desolation Point exit side of Abandoned Mine No. 3.
- On a metal shelf, and under the large tool chest, inside Quonset Gas Station, Coastal Highway.
- Beside a corpse in Timberwolf Mountain.
- In the toolbox in the barn at Pleasant Valley Outbuildings.
- On the workbench in the Mountaineer's Hut, at Timberwolf Mountain.
- Outside the small houses near the Old Spence Family Homestead, at Forlorn Muskeg.
|Craftable||Fishing tackle • Improvised hatchet • Improvised knife • Hook • Line • Snare • Survival bow • Torch|
|Non-craftable||Accelerant • Bolt cutters • Can opener • Cardboard matches • Distress pistol • Firestriker • Flare • Flashlight • Hacksaw • Hatchet • Heavy hammer • Hunting knife • Hunting rifle • Magnifying lens • Mountaineering rope • Prybar • Quality tools • Rifle cleaning kit • Sewing kit • Simple tools • Stone • Storm lantern • Whetstone • Wood matches|