Abandoned Lookout is small, abandoned lookout tower located to the north in Coastal Highway.
Abandoned Lookout is a tower that sits on a hill to the far north-west of the Coastal Townsite and north-east of Log Sort. The abandoned lookout is situated very close to the Cinder Hills Coal Mine transition area for Pleasant Valley. This makes it a stop for almost anyone heading to Pleasant Valley. The lookout is much more sparsely decorated compared to the Forestry Lookout of Mystery Lake.
The abandoned lookout contains the following:
- Pot Belly Stove
Possible Loot Edit
The abandoned lookout has less loot than many other buildings.
- Hunting rifle
- Hunting knife
- Reclaimed wood
- Various food and drink items
- Rifle Cleaning Kit
- Magnifying Lens
The abandoned lookout generally makes a poor base, it lacks the luxury of many containers which is a problem for anyone looking to survive a long period of time. It also lacks a workbench and is very far from any buildings to scavenge from. The Quonset Gas Station and Jackrabbit Island make for much more suitable safehouses.
- Unlike other houses and non-destroyed structures, entering the Abandoned Lookout does not cause a loading screen to appear. Instead, the when the door is opened, the player may walk inside, with no change of scene. This allows the player to see through the windows outside, as well as a quick way to enter and exit the safety of a home.
- Because of the many flights of stairs one needs to climb to reach the top, and main section, of the Abandoned Lookout, it is not an ideal place to go to if one is evading an attacker.
- The height of the lookout does provide protection for the player from attackers below, once the player has reached the top.
- The height of the lookout also allows the player to get a view of their surroundings without having to do much exploration. One may also be able to hunt from the top.